How to Create a Classic Casual Look
Creating looks on a day-to-day basis can be a bit hectic and overwhelming. Even, scrolling through your Instagram feed can be daunting with those picture-perfect “outfit of the day” posts. Yet, I’m here to help you create an amazing classic casual look, fitted for almost any outing (list on outings below).
Now I recommend you head over to your closet to pick out the 6 pieces listed below, that you probably already own. At the bottom of this post you’ll find similar pieces to the ones I mention, with links to where you can buy them. 🙂
Here is what you’ll need to create the look:
- Your best pair of leggings or jeggings.
- A chambray shirt or even your hubby’s and/or boyfriend’s plaid shirt will work.
- Ankle booties or open heels will work (fingers-crossed it’s not freezing where you are).
- Your favorite classic handbag to hold all your must have items.
- A lovely rose-gold watch…my fave color this season yet you can use whatever color you have.
- A lovely pair of classic earrings…I prefer small studs.
*Quick Tip: Just don’t forget to pick colors that will play nicely together.
Now here’s a list of where you can wear this outfit to:
- After work happy hour with your colleagues
- Sightseeing around the city
- Coffee and/or tea shops
- Casual work environments
- Super casual eating spots like brewpubs (my fave)
A few other ways to style these pieces:
- Women’s Chambray Shirt – Wear it over a tank as an open jacket or throw on a sweater for a preppy look.
- Stretch Denim Leggings – Wear them with a long tunic or a high-low top with a moto jacket for an edgier look.
- Ankle Booties – They pretty much work with everything; a dress, jeans or shorts.
I hope this looks is as effortlessly for you as it is for me.