I hope you love latte’s as much as I do because I’m set on figuring out how to make the best lattes at home. Don’t get me wrong I love going to coffee shops and having a good latte with the girls. Yet on rainy days not an ounce of me wants to leave the house. Hence my need to learn how to make lattes at home.
I’ve had an espresso machine but I’m guilty of it sitting in my pantry and now I’m starting to learn how to use it. I of course went through many YouTube videos and I finally found a video that I loved. It was created by eHow Food, hosting Joey Papa who is clear and detailed on how to make a good homemade latte (things you’ll need & tips below). The one thing I still need to improve on is my latte art but for now I’m happy with making a good latte. I have to say that I’m improving each day. Take a look at the video below you won’t regret it.
Here’s what you’ll need to make the perfect latte:
- Espresso machine
- Milk pitcher
- Espresso Tamper
- Water, enough to fill the tank
- Finely Ground Espresso Coffee
- Your choice of milk
A few key takeaways from the video are:
- Make sure to stop the espresso once the color starts to change.
- Stop stemming your milk once it quiets down.
- This is really important…use a white mug, trust me it makes a difference.
- Also, make sure to keep your espresso machine clean. If you notice a slight taste difference this is when you need to clean out the machine. I usually run vinegar and water through it to clean it out.
I know your amazing and probably already nailed down how to make lattes, so here’s another video on how to make that lovely latte art. Enjoy!